- Abrades surfaces of metal or hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt, and to impart specified finish, using abrasive-blasting equipment.
- Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
- Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading action. Loads parts on racks in enclosed rooms, into tumbling barrels, or into cabinets.
- Turns valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
- Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
- Manually directs nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove-fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval.
- May examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications. May be designated by type of equipment or abrasive used as Cabinet-Abrasive Sandblaster (any industry); Shotblaster (any industry)